Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
Students may choose from the following or submit an alternative to me. Choices include:
- The Endangered Species Act
- The Voting Rights Act
- The Fair Housing Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
In 5-6 pages, you will examine a federal policy issue more closely. In essence, this is a case study.
Your research paper should include:
- An opening paragraph, outlining the scope and purpose of your paper.
- For the next section, please evaluate and explain the purpose of the legislation you chose for the case study. Why was the legislation passed?
- Look at what Congress has and is doing in regard to this legislation. How is the Executive Branch (ie, the bureaucracy) implementing it? Have there been any Supreme Court cases addressing this legislation? When researching, be sure to critically assess patterns and relations of power.
- In the final critical analysis section, discuss how interest groups and individuals participate in the legislative process (This is sometimes referred to as civic engagement)? Please provide specific examples.
- Finally, provide a conclusion summarizing your findings.
- This paper should be written as a research paper in APA format.
- In-Text citation and a bibliography are required.
- Five sources are required and APA formatting is required.
- No Wikipedia, about.com, ehow.com, online encyclopedias, etc. are allowed.
Non-performance Basic Proficient Distinguished Provides introduction outlining purpose and scope of paper No introduction included
No introduction but purpose of paper clear
Provides single sentence outlining scope and purpose
Outlines scope and purpose. Discusses topic and provides general outline of ideas
Evaluates and explains purpose of legislation or topic choice chosen for case study
Does not identify or explain purpose or scope of legislation
Identifies and explains general ideas about the legislation chosen
Evaluates and explains the purpose and scope of legislation
Evaluates and explains purpose and scope of legislation. Provides brief history of legislation
For linked students: Provide a discussion on how the legislation has/has not been influenced by political philosophers
Explains the historical and/or current work of Congress, the Executive and/or the Judiciary in implementation of chosen legislation. Critically assesses patterns and relations of power Does not address the roles of the branches of government
Identifies the role of 1 branch of government in implementation of legislation
Explains the role of Congress in passage and update in regard to legislation. Explains the role of the appropriate bureaucratic agency in implementation
Explains the historical and current actions of the appropriate branches of government in relation to policy. Provides examples of how law is implemented while critically assessing patterns and relations of power.
Linked students must include discussion on how at least one philosopher studied in PHI had an impact on the legislation being examined.
Describes how interest groups, political parties or individuals may civically engage to influence social justice legislation Does not discuss civic engagement
Identifies different parties that may participate in the legislative process and in government in general
Describes how interest groups, political parties and/or individuals may participate in civic engagement.
Describes how interest groups, political parties and individuals may participate in civic engagemetn to influence legislation. Provides specific examples.
Conclusion Does not include a conclusion
Ends paper with single sentence noting that it is the end
Provides summary of research
Provides summary of research and provides outlook for the legislation and government in the future
Bibliography & Citation Does not include bibliography or citation
0 points and paper not accepted
Includes bibliography but no citation
Includes bibliography & citation but not in APA format
Turns in topic on time. Turns in annotated bibliography. Includes bibliography & citation in APA format
Please do a perfect work. Thanks!