Understanding the Opioid Epidemic Assignment
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
Please read chapter 4
Please review the learning objectives
Watch the video “Understanding the Opioid Epidemic”
Watch the video “How Portugal Successfully tackled the Drug Problem”
Submit answers to chapter objectives questions
Submit answers to the assignment
Complete discussion board question
Video: Understanding the Opioid Epidemic – https://youtu.be/xdcCqg1e_SQ
Video: How Portugal Successfully tackled the Drug Problem – https://youtu.be/uQJ7n-JpcCk
Chapter Objective Questions
Please be sure to fully answer each of these questions in complete sentences. Please note that in answering these questions you are showing me that you not only read the text, but that you understood it. Consequently, your answers should be comprehensive and detailed.
- Define what a drug is and the differences between drug abuse and addiction. Do you know anyone that would fit the definition of having a drug addiction? Be sure to explain.
- The text states that several factors seem to be related to whether, how much, and in what ways an individual uses alcohol and becomes an alcoholic. These factors include genetics, sex, and age. Summarize each of these factors.
- Summarize two of the treatment of alcoholism that the textbook describes.
- After watching the video (Understanding the Opioid Epidemic), what are two main reasons for our current opioid epidemic?
- What are two solutions you think should be implemented to help control our current opioid epidemic?
Drug Control Policies around the World
Please answer all of these questions in complete sentences
- Choose one of the following countries and summarize in a minimum of a paragraph how the government deals with the sale and use of drugs: Philippines, Switzerland, Portugal, Netherlands, and Colombia.
- Summarize the differences among legalization, criminalization, and decriminalization of drugs. Which one of these drug control methods does your chosen country utilize?
- What are two advantages and two disadvantages of your chosen country’s drug control policy?
- What aspect/s of your chosen country’s drug control policy, if any, would you like to implement in the United States and why?
Discussion Board: Drug Policies Around the World
Please share with the class the country you examined. Briefly describe how your country deals with drug use and abuse. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this policy? What policies (if any) would you like to implement in this country in terms of how we deal with drug use and abuse?