Assignment ID Number AFFGEHU83939HD Type of Document Essay Writing Format APA/MLA/Harvard Academic Level Masters/University References/Sources 4 References Number of Pages 10 Pages Quality Level 100% Spacing Double
Activity 4: Training Methods and Evaluation
You are the Training Director for a newly created Internet provider, Interdependent Operations Company (IOC). IOC has locations in 152 cities, ranging from locations that have only one employee who works from home, to locations that have offices with 20-30 people. To create this business, IOC purchased another Internet service provider that was not profitable. The companys inability to produce a profit was determined to be a result of improper training of the customer service staff and outdated methods for recording the information that the customer service staff collects.
It is your job to design a training program for the customer service staff to use when potential customers call them on the toll-free phone line, or when customers are referred to a customer service representative as a follow-up to a sales call. IOC has maintained the customer service staff from the former company, but the employees in this department need to be trained to better manage customer calls and enter data collected from the customers.
write a report that includes the following. Your Activity responses should be both grammatically and mechanically correct and formatted in the same fashion as the Activity itself. If there is a Part A, your response should identify a Part A, etc. In addition, you must appropriately cite all resources used in your response and document them in a bibliography using APA style. (A 3-page response is required.)
Part A The method or methods that you would use to design the training, the reason or reasons for your selection, and the reasons why you did not choose the other methods
Part B Which three (3) of the four (4) evaluation levels you would use to determine the effectiveness of the training program, the reasons for your selection, and the reasons why you did not choose the other level
Part C Which two of Kirkpatricks training outcomes you would measure, the reasons for your selection, and the reasons why you did not choose the other outcomes
Part D The type of evaluation design that you would select, the reasons for your selection, and the reasons why you did not choose any of the three (3) other types.
Part E As you are completing this activity, please bear in mind that the following initiatives have been mandated to you, as the Training Director, by the upper management at IOC. You must clearly incorporate each of these six (6) initiatives into your response.
1. The training must be as cost-effective as possible at the present time. However, they are willing to contribute money to the initial training if there will be a cost savings over the long-term as a result of the training, and if employees added to the customer service staff can benefit from the method you establish.
2. Employees must all receive the training during the same time frame.
3. Training must be consistent from one location to the next.
4. Training should be completed within the shortest amount of time possible.
5. There must be immediate feedback for the employees and those to whom the employees report regarding their progress in learning the new program, without benefit of a face-to-face supervisor or trainer on site to monitor or check their learning status, and with the ability to collect all necessary evaluation results through electronic methods.
6. There will be a need to measure how much the trainees learned and to measure the benefit of the training through the calculation of ROI.
Criteria 0 – 1 Points 2 – 3 Point 4 – 5 Points Total Professional communication Unprofessional communication; many errors; no APA Minor grammar, spelling, and APA errors Postings are professional and in standard written English with APA Complete addressing of assessment criteria Criteria not fully addressed Minimal response to criteria; minor aspects missing All criteria are fully addressed Evidence of critical thinking or extending information Critical thinking or extending information not evident Obvious responses to questions; little thought evident Posts demonstrate critical thinking with evidence base from research or experience Course connections. No connections provided Minimal connections provided to readings/activities Clear connections to readings/activities Submitted an overview / summary of the case selected for analysis. Also identified those procedural steps to be analyzed. Did not provide an adequate overview or summary of the selected case or failed to identify those steps to be analyzed. Provides an adequate overview or summary of the selected case and steps to be analyzed though may not be clear or complete. Case overview is clearly presented including all appropriate investigative steps to be analyzed. TOTAL /25