Order ID 5657SFGFGGT44 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Competency Name: INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
A SURVEY OF THE BASIC TENETS OF SOCIOLOGY INCLUDING RESEARCH, THEORIES, CULTURE DEVIANCE, GROUPS & ORGANIZATIONS, AND STRATIFICATION
Final Assessment Title: APPLYING THEORIES
General Learning Outcomes:
GLO 2: Students will construct meaningful arguments, artifacts, and reasoned conclusions reflecting informed evaluations of alternative positions.
GLO 2B: Students will be able to identify general and/or disciplinary-specific modes of inquiry
GLO 5: Students shall demonstrate an ethical awareness and understanding of the need to live and work in a diverse world.
GLO 5a: Students will demonstrate knowledge of the diverse worldviews, power structures, and experiences of multiple cultures in local, regional, and global contexts.
Competency Learning Outcomes (Objectives)
1) You will apply the Sociological Imagination to aspects of your life and demonstrate an understanding of the foundational sociological theories and research methods
2) You will identify important aspects of your own culture and socialization patterns as well as those of others and apply sociological theories to those aspects
3) You will demonstrate an understanding of how people interact in groups and organizations and how deviance is defined and controlled. You will apply theories to these concepts
4) You will analyze the impact of social stratification systems (class, gender and race) on your own life and on others and you will apply sociological theories to those hierarchies.
Purpose of the Assessment
In this summative assessment you will demonstrate your understanding of important sociological concepts by connecting them to situations in your life and applying sociological theories to those situations
Items Required for Submission
Write a paper and complete the following:
Apply EACH of the three theoretical paradigms (structural functionalism; symbolic interactionism; social conflict) to EACH of the following sociological concepts:
– culture & socialization;
– social groups & formal organizations;
– stratification (class, race, gender, globalization)
You must also connect each application to a situation in your own life and discuss how the application of the theories may help you to understand/navigate your own situation.
Step 1: Preparation
1) Use subheadings to help organize your work. For each topic you should have 5 subheadings:
i. Description of topic
ii. Structural Functionalism application
iii. Symbolic Interactionism application
iv. Social Conflict theory application
v. Connections to my life
2) You should have 4 pages per topic for a total of 16 pages
Step 2: Format Your Project (using APA 6th edition format)
· Begin your submission with a title page
· Use correct APA citations
· Complete your submission with a reference page
· For help with this process, you can visit: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_style_introduction.html
Step 3: Complete Checklist for Submission Before you submit, check to see if you believe you have met the criteria noted below. Did you
? Apply all three theories to each topic?
? Apply each topic and application to a situation in your life?
? Write logically with accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation?
? Adhere to the length requirements?
? Follow APA formatting and referencing standards?
? Convert all files to a doc, docx, pdf, file?
|Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!|