Psychology 2070: Your Lot in Life
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
Psychology 2070: Your Lot in Life
“Your Lot in Life” Assignment
Due date: _______________
Purpose of assignment: To measure students’ ability to:
(1) Explain a life span development event, or issue (i.e., child rearing practices, marital considerations, elder care, dementia, reproductive technologies, healthcare policies);
(2) Apply the concepts and major theoretical approaches to the assigned case in resolving a life span development situation, i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma;
(3) Use research to evaluate and distinguish the influences of heredity, environmental context and cultural values in their case scenario;
(4) Apply ethical principles to “best” resolve or alleviate the problem in their assigned case;
(5) Use information literacy skills to locate appropriate research and other relevant community resources and materials to create an informative class presentation.
Product: 10-minute individual student presentation to be merged with larger group presentation utilizing either PowerPoint or Prezi. As a group you are to present a Power Point/Prezi presentation that summarizes the above elements. Individual group members are to put their slides into the larger group presentation for coherence.
Grading: This assignment is worth a possible 100 points, 15% of the final course grade.
Directions: Your group will be provided with a list from which to choose your “lot in life” condition. Your task as a group is to prepare a 40-minute oral presentation. As a group you must divide tasks according to topic such that each member has a unique contribution to understanding the condition. Individual group members are responsible for presenting a 10 minute Power Point/Prezi (to be merged with the larger group presentation) that must include the following elements:
- Introduction of your unique segment of group topic.
- Brief contribution to the description and definition of the condition.
- Discuss at least one major theoretical approach to explaining and resolving the life span development situation (i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma).
- Share the research findings from one professional journal article, one national organization Website, one governmental agency, and one additional source to reference in the presentation. References must be done APA style.
- Discuss the research method used in the journal article to study the condition.
- Discuss your individual recommendations that you believe will best resolve/alleviate this condition based on research and the ethics and values as expressed in the “standard of care” practiced in this community.
- Discuss the impact of this condition on the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development of those affected by this condition.
- Identify local community resources, and or national resources, such as phone numbers and contact information, and program details that are available to support an individual or family in your “lot in life” situation.
- Any additional information relevant to the topic for informational purposes (i.e., brief video clip, brochure, classroom demonstration) may be included.
. Your spouse of fourteen years says he wants a divorce because he no longer loves you. He wants to start a “new life” with his student.
. Your spouse of twenty-nine years says she wants a divorce because she is a lesbian and she can no longer pretend to be a “good wife and mother.”
. Your 7-year-old son has been diagnosed with ADHD.
. Your sweetheart is of a different race and culture. Your parents do not approve of the upcoming marriage.
. Your fourteen year-old son/daughter wants to begin preparation for gender reassignment surgery.
. Your partner has been diagnosed with colon cancer
. Your partner has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
. Your child was born normal, but at age 3 he has been diagnosed as having autism.
. You and your spouse are 4 months into your first pregnancy and you learn you are having quadruplets
. You and your spouse of ten years are having difficulty conceiving a child. You both desperately want to have a biological offspring.
. Your 17-year-old son has been arrested for a DWI last Saturday night on the Beltway.
. Your 65-year-old mother/father was recently diagnosed with dementia.
. Your baby’s father is no longer paying you the monthly non-court ordered amount he agreed to pay you after your baby was born.
. You are pregnant. You have been living with your boyfriend for the past 7 months, but you are not sure about your baby’s paternity.
. Your 17 year –old son/daughter wants to carry a gun to college this fall because he is fearful of being shot on campus by a random shooter.