Professional Role Transition Research Assignment
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
Professional Role Transition Research Assignment
Revised Critical Thinking Clinical Activity
The Critical Thinking Clinical Activity allows the Role Transition student to present a clinical case utilizing the nursing process to their clinical faculty and peers. The student will incorporate particular categories/subcategories from the NCLEX-RN test plan, as well as emphasize target interventions. The student will provide a written reflection on their experiences in clinical relating to their transition to practice.
Select one patient on which to complete the Critical Thinking Clinical Activity. You will present to your clinical group and individual faculty via prearranged Zoom meeting. The clinical faculty will assess student work and provide feedback. See separate grading rubric for this activity.
- Complete information on your patient to provide your classmates and faculty with some context.
- Background: age, sex, ethnicity, allergies, significant med/surg history
- Reason for visit or hospitalization
- Social history
- Utilize the SOAP format to critically think through the nursing process related to the top priorities you have identified for this patient. Be sure that the content in the assessment and plansections correspond to the information in the subjective and objectivesections.
- SUBJECTIVEis only what the patient tells you (statements or questions; complaints or concerns)
- OBJECTIVE includes physical assessment data, interval test data, lab or blood work, other objective data, current orders, current medications
- ASSESSMENTincludes the interpretation of information in the previous two sections. This is your “summary” which includes medical/nursing diagnoses. Prioritize your patient’s problems or diagnoses. Clearly identify nursing priorities. Identify treatment goals for each problem or diagnosis.
- PLANincludes the interventions which were/are/will be implemented. Be sure and establish priorities for the interventions. (You may notate them as #1, #2, #3, etc.). Provide a brief explanation as to why you have prioritized them this way.
- Identify the following patient needsand provide specific information about each need:
- Case management or discharge planning
- Patient education
iii. Psychosocial, spiritual, and/or family support
- Complete the reflection at the end. (This is just for the clinical instructor and is not presented to the group during oral presentation.)
- Students will present their SOAP activity (#1-2 above) orally to fellow clinical students and clinical faculty instructor. This is a graded activity, and successful completion is a requirement of Role Transition clinical.
NUR 4642: Professional Role Transition
Critical Thinking Clinical Activity
(Refer to instructions and grading rubric when completing this activity.)
Patient initials: Date of care: Background: Reason for visit or hospitalization: schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type (HCC) currently with hallucinations and aggressive behavior Pertinent social history, including living situation, for discharge planning or case management purposes:
S:30-year-old transgender female presenting with bizarre behavior talking to self and not caring for self. “ I am not thinking right, my head is wrong” patient unable to fully describe this, Patient presents tangential and disorganized at times with pressured speech and difficult to interrupt. Patient can become aggressive very suspicious of others with paranoid delusional thought content O: Appearance; disheveled
Behavior: PMA, restlessness
A: Patient seen in room and selectively in milieu upon approach patient is cooperative, labile affect guarded, unkempt appearance. Patient with disorganize speech, paranoid, noticed watching other patient as they walk by her room, patient agreed to take medication this morning. P: intervention therapy, patient to attend group therapy and milieu therapy, special precaution: q 15 minutes safety check Case management or discharge planning needs: social worker and patient met to assess symptoms and discuss discharge planning. Patient stated that she has been homeless for 1-2 months, living with a friend. Patient stated that she was previously living at Greenwood care and signed out AMA, pt stated that was 1-2 month ago, social worker encouraged placement, patient agrreable stating she would like a new referral. Patient education needs Psychosocial, spiritual, and/or family support needs
Reflection: Provide your reflective responses to the following questions. Write a well-composed paragraph (approximately 4-6 sentences) for each set of questions. (Three paragraphs total.)
- How do you feel about the experiences you are encountering in clinical? What are your strengths of performance and areas needing growth?
- How have you integrated in the healthcare team? Provide examples. Describe the partnership/relationship you share with those preceptors /nurses with whom you work.
- How would you characterize your transitioning to the role of professional nurse? What is helping or hindering your transition? What is your plan to continue to progress forward?