Personal Report on Communication Apprehension
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
Think of an important relationship in your life such as a friend,?partner, spouse,?etc.? Then use Knapp’s Model of Relationship Development and construct a model or diagram describing communication stages in that relationship. You can use word processing software to create the model or diagram or you can use drawing software. Explain the steps that were skipped, if any.??Next,?apply and describe the dialectic tensions (connection vs. autonomy, openness?vs. privacy, and predictability vs. novelty)?in the relationship. ?Last, describe a strategy that you can use or have used to manage the dialectic tension(s). 5 SENTENCES MINIMUM
Complete the self-assessment “Personal Report on Communication Apprehension” and?the self-assessment “Speech Anxiety Symptoms” in Chapter 11 of the Understanding Human Communication textbook.?Afterwards, write two paragraphs describing your comfort level in public speaking and how you will manage anxiety.? Use the following prompt to write your responses in the journal. 5 SENTENCES MINIMUM
Do you feel your anxiety level is helpful or unhelpful?? Why
What experiences have influenced your comfort level?
Do any of the fallacies described in the book apply to your way of thinking?? If so, which ones?
What do you think will be most effective at making sure you don’t feel overly anxious in front of a crowd?
UNDERSTANDING OF TOPICS:
ASIAN CULTURAL OUTLINE are required to research cultural values and to explain the cultural values through analysis. You must pick a culture or co-culture that is different and distinct from your culture. Use information obtained in the course textbook and research to analyze three of the following cultural values:
? High-Low context
? High-Low Power Distance
? Competitive and Cooperative (masculinity and femininity) ? Talk-Silence
? High-Low Uncertainty Avoidance
Additionally, you must identify how the cultural values are displayed or practiced within the culture through verbal and nonverbal means. Research is required for this speech and you must locate at least two different sources from the CCBC Library and a total of four sources to integrate into your speech. You cannot use Wikipedia, About.com or E-how. If you decide to use sources from the Internet, remember to evaluate your sources. You should consider using CCBCs Research Guide: Countries and Cultures. Navigate to the CCBC Library at http://libraryguides.ccbcmd.edu/countries
You are required to create an outline by desired outcome of either convincing or actuating. You are also required to research your speech and locate at least four sources and two of the sources must be different from the CCBC Library to integrate into your speech. You cannot use Wikipedia, About.com or E-how. If you decide to use sources from the Internet, remember to evaluate your sources. Include your name and the organization pattern that you will use at the top of your outline. Organization Pattern: Select one of the following organization patterns to structure your speech: causeeffect, problem-solution or Monroes Motivated Sequence.
Nonverbal behavior: Indicate nonverbal signals throughout your outline.
Introduction: You must have the following elements in the introduction. First, attention getter/grabber, second: credibility, third: thesis and last: proposition. Each element must be separate and have an uppercase letter next to it.
Body: You can only use one organization pattern to organize your main points. You must have 4-6 main points that are subdivided. Each main point should have at minimum two supporting points and at maximum five supporting points. You must consistently separate all points (main, supporting, sub-supporting, etc.) by using the appropriate Roman numerals, Arabic numbers, uppercase letters and lowercase letters. All supporting points and sub-supporting points must be indented appropriately.
All transitions, internal summaries or reviews and signpost must be in either brackets or parenthesis. (If you use material or information from another source, please do not forget to cite your source.)
Conclusion: You must have the following elements in your conclusion. First, restate the proposition, then write the appeal, challenge and/or action and last include thank you. Again, all elements must be separate and have an uppercase letter next to it.
Brenner, Joel. The Emperors of Chocolate: Inside the Secret World of Hershey and Mars. New York, NY: Broadway Books. 2000. Print.
Citation: You must use MLA 8 citation style for the bibliography. However, you should integrate your citations within the other sections of your outline. Remember, if you cite a source within the introduction, body or conclusion it must appear on your bibliography page. If you have sources on your bibliography page, then they must appear in either the introduction, body or conclusion.
?You and your team are required to discuss and create a list of norms and values that everyone agrees to.? You should start with listing norms that you have observed in other groups (work, community, school, etc.) and then add your values (personal, culture, etc.).
Create rules for debate session and perhaps the speaking order.? You need to assign a note-taker for each zoom session. ?If you would like to assign additional roles, please feel free to do so.? The note-taker for the first day will prepare the groups list of norms and values.? The note-taker for the second day will keep track of the responses.
Create a criteria that includes your decision-making method (consensus or majority control), a ranking system and a method(s) to avoid groupthink.
EACH STUDENT list with reasons for their selections. Students debate different opinions and then create a final list of three.? Make sure that you use the decision-making method that was listed in the criteria.
Hostage Questionnaire List Individual Worksheet?
Instructions:??Rank the hostages that you would release based on your groups criteria that was created on Day One of the Zoom Meeting. Submit to instructor prior to Zoom Meeting, Day Two.
1. Brenda Jones, age 27, has three children by three different fathers, none of whom she has married. She loves her children, however, and has resolved to get her life together for the childrens sake. Her mother is caring for them so Brenda can attend a six-week training program for women who lack job skills. ___________________
2. Fr. John OBrien, 65 years old, is in excellent health. A Roman Catholic priest, he has dedicated his life to working with the poor in an inner-city ghetto. He is taking this flight to arrange for funding and personnel that will enable him to set up a program to carry on his lifes work after he becomes unable to work. Should he die at this time, the work probably will end. ____________________
3. Juan Garcia is 45. He has a history of heart trouble and might not survive the stress of a prolonged hostage situation. He is a wealthy businessman whose estate would easily provide for his wife and three young children, even if he should die in the hijacking. His business, however, which has employed and given dignity to many Hispanic people, probably would fold without his vision and drive, putting many people out of work who will not be able to find jobs. ____________________
4. Elijah Brown is 52. He did time in jail for armed robbery. Since his release two years ago, he has worked hard, gone to school part time, and supported his invalid wife and youngest child (the only one remaining at home). There would be no money to provide for his family in the event of his death. ______
5. Betsy Bates, 29, is a well-known and successful model. Married a little over a year to rock star Duke, she has just found out that she is pregnant, a discovery she views with mixed feelings. _________
6. Congresswoman Jan Perkins is 47. Widowed young, when her husband died in the crash of an Air Force plane while on a diplomatic mission for the State Department, she has devoted her life to politics. She has been an effective and eloquent worker for peace and for the rights of women and minorities. Her death would be a crushing emotional blow to her elderly parents, though she has provided for them financially in her will. Perkins is widely seen as the most likely candidate for the first woman president of the United States. _______?
7. D. B. Calhoun is 43. Little is known about him, except that he is a very bigoted person with an unstable employment history. He reads Soldier of Fortune and similar magazines, and dreams about being a mercenary. It is quite possible that he will try some hostile action against the hijackers and ruin any chance of getting the remaining hostages out alive._______
8. Andrea Ohms, at 19, is already a distinguished pianist, having started performing professionally at age 8. Her performances give immense pleasure to thousands of people around the world. She is engaged to be married. _____________________
9. Sally Smith is eleven.??She is travelling to visit her father, a trip she has made regularly ever since her parents were divorced two years ago.??Sally is a pleasant, well-adjusted girl, and both parents are devoted to their only child.??(Neither has remarried nor has any immediate plans to do so.)____________
The background and significance of the problem and a clear statement of the research purpose is provided. The search history is mentioned.
Content is well-organized with headings for each slide and bulleted lists to group related material as needed. Use of font, color, graphics, effects, etc. to enhance readability and presentation content is excellent. Length requirements of 10 slides/pages or less is met.
More depth/detail for the background and significance is needed, or the research detail is not clear. No search history information is provided.
Review of relevant theoretical literature is evident, but there is little integration of studies into concepts related to problem. Review is partially focused and organized. Supporting and opposing research are included. Summary of information presented is included. Conclusion may not contain a biblical integration.
Content is somewhat organized, but no structure is apparent. The use of font, color, graphics, effects, etc. is occasionally detracting to the presentation content. Length requirements may not be met.
The background and/or significance are missing. No search history information is provided.
Review of relevant theoretical literature is evident, but there is no integration of studies into concepts related to problem. Review is partially focused and organized. Supporting and opposing research are not included in the summary of information presented. Conclusion does not contain a biblical integration.
There is no clear or logical organizational structure. No logical sequence is apparent. The use of font, color, graphics, effects etc. is often detracting to the presentation content. Length requirements may not be met
You Can Also Place the Order at www.perfectacademic.com/orders/ordernow or www.crucialessay.com/orders/ordernow
Personal Report on Communication Apprehension
Personal Report on Communication Apprehension