Assignment ID Number AFFGEHU83939HD Type of Document Essay Writing Format APA/MLA/Harvard Academic Level Masters/University References/Sources 4 References Number of Pages 10 Pages Quality Level 100% Spacing Double
Master’s-Prepared Nurse Interview
Refer to the “Master’s Prepared Nurse Interview Guide_student” as you prepare this assignment.
Interview a nurse who is master’s-prepared in nursing and is using this education in a present position. Preferably, select someone who is in a position similar to your chosen specialty track. The purpose of the interview is for you to gain insight into the interplay among education, career path, and opportunities. Be certain to identify specific competencies that the MSN-prepared nurse gained, and is presently using, that reflect advanced education. Organize your interview around the topics below:
1. Overview of the master’s-prepared nurse’s career
2. Reason for seeking graduate education
3. Description of present position and role
4. Usefulness of graduate education for present role
5. Pearls of wisdom he/she is willing to share
In 750-1,000 words, write the interview in a narrative format. Use the following guidelines:
1. Within the paper’s introduction, explain your interview selection.
2. Do not identify the individual by name.
3. Use centered headings to separate parts of the interview.
4. In the conclusion, identify one or more competencies from the interview that are consistent with GCU program competencies and/or AACN education essentials. In addition, provide a statement that reflects what you gained from the interview.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style
An abstract is not required.
Plagiarism is Unacceptable
Criteria 0 – 1 Points 2 – 3 Point 4 – 5 Points Total Professional communication Unprofessional communication; many errors; no APA Minor grammar, spelling, and APA errors Postings are professional and in standard written English with APA Complete addressing of assessment criteria Criteria not fully addressed Minimal response to criteria; minor aspects missing All criteria are fully addressed Evidence of critical thinking or extending information Critical thinking or extending information not evident Obvious responses to questions; little thought evident Posts demonstrate critical thinking with evidence base from research or experience Course connections. No connections provided Minimal connections provided to readings/activities Clear connections to readings/activities Submitted an overview / summary of the case selected for analysis. Also identified those procedural steps to be analyzed. Did not provide an adequate overview or summary of the selected case or failed to identify those steps to be analyzed. Provides an adequate overview or summary of the selected case and steps to be analyzed though may not be clear or complete. Case overview is clearly presented including all appropriate investigative steps to be analyzed. TOTAL /25