|Assignment ID Number||AFFGEHU83939HD|
|Type of Document||Essay|
|Number of Pages||10 Pages|
Scenario: You are a school resource officer who has been tasked with creating a report to share with your community that will build awareness about local juvenile crime and prevention programs.
Write a report that consists of 2 parts:
Part 1: Data Visualization
Research statistics on populations of juvenile delinquents using the OJJDPs Easy Access to Juvenile Populations (EZAPOP) data tool. Choose 1 of the following options to investigate:
– How 1 years totals compare to another years totals in your state (Georgia)
– How your countys (Cook County, Adel) totals compare to your states totals
– How your states totals compare to another states totals
– How 1 of the sexes, races, or ethnicities compares to another demographic in your area
– How 1 age demographic compares to another in your state
Create a visual representation of the data that shows a comparison of both groups, such as a chart, graphic image, diagram, or infographic. Do not use a table; select a visually appealing layout that your community would find easy to read and understand.
Create an image for your data visualization using an illustration tool in Microsoft® Word or PowerPoint®, or use an online drawing tool such as Piktochart® or Smore.
Part 2: Executive Summary
Write an executive summary of your findings in 600 words. Complete the following in your summary:
– Explain the data shown in your image. Summarize what the difference in the numbers means for juvenile crime in your area.
– Identify at least 2 diversion, intervention, or prevention programs available to juveniles in your schools or community that might help to influence future trends in the data shown in your image from Part 1. – – Include commentary on the efficacy of the different types of programs in your state.
– Describe strategies that families, schools, communities, or law enforcement can use to interact with these youth and help to reduce their risk for delinquency.
|Criteria||0 – 1 Points||2 – 3 Point||4 – 5 Points||Total|
|Professional communication||Unprofessional communication; many errors; no APA||Minor grammar, spelling, and APA errors||Postings are professional and in standard written English with APA|
|Complete addressing of assessment criteria||Criteria not fully addressed||Minimal response to criteria; minor aspects missing||All criteria are fully addressed|
|Evidence of critical thinking or extending information||Critical thinking or extending information not evident||Obvious responses to questions; little thought evident||Posts demonstrate critical thinking with evidence base from research or experience|
|Course connections.||No connections provided||Minimal connections provided to readings/activities||Clear connections to readings/activities|
|Submitted an overview / summary of the case selected for analysis. Also identified those procedural steps to be analyzed.||Did not provide an adequate overview or summary of the selected case or failed to identify those steps to be analyzed.||Provides an adequate overview or summary of the selected case and steps to be analyzed though may not be clear or complete.||Case overview is clearly presented including all appropriate investigative steps to be analyzed.|