Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
HTM 302 – Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
DUE WEEK 10
Assignment: Market a new sustainably focused campground in Canada
Before and now especially coming out of COVID19, the world needs more sustainable travel, yet there is not an abundance of product options for travellers. As Canada is seen as a clean, green large country with ample outdoor space, there is an opportunity to create increased activities. Equity LifeStyle Properties Inc. has decided to open a new campsite with a sustainability focused theme.
For this assignment, it is your job to come up with a name and idea for this new site and devise a marketing strategy for how to attract young adults.
Prepare a report using proper spelling, headings, page numbers, title page, writing in third person, properly referenced, etc. It should contain the following:
(Page lengths are an approximate only so don’t focus just on that – I am more concerned with quality):
1) Introduction (1 page). Give a sentence or two (with sources) about the issue and need to solve the problem (this is the hook for your reader to get interested). Briefly outline what your report contains to tell the reader what they will find in your report.
2) Background (1-2 pages). Provide an overview of sustainable tourism and the need to travel more sustainably (use sources but make sure it is relevant to your project – and the need for the book… maybe include a definition and a few sources to justify there is a market for sustainable travel and to campground/outdoor recreation)
3) Introduce your idea (1 page)
- This is where you brieflyexplain your idea and that it fits with the target market – e.g., who is your target market and how will your new idea fit?
- State which ofAnsoff’s strategies will you use
- Provide a positioning statement which outlines what position the product will take in the consumers mind.
4) Overview of the justification of your idea/strategy for the target market (the need) (2-3 pages)
- This is where you provethat your idea is realistic and makes sense to the client
- a) Who is your market? What segment will you market to (use your segmentation lectures to elaborate here but provide stats and facts to back up why this segment makes sense). Why will this market segment go to this new site?
- Prove it using stats and facts. Use research sources to justify your research. using journal articles, books and credible reports (not blogs or bogus sources)
5) Elaborate and explain your idea using the P’s of marketing (4-6 pages)
- Do this by outlining 5 of the 8 Psof marketing: product, price, place, promo, people, packaging, programming, partnerships) and providing ideas how they will be executed
- Marks will be given for defining each P and then for whether your idea or rationale makes sense). For example:
- Your 5 P’s should provide clear rationale and examples of how your new campsite will be executed (this is where you explain how to actually make your idea a reality…e.g. who will deliver the experience, what channels will the customer be able to buy it from, how will they position it, how will consumers find out about it)
- First, define each P (use your textbook but not Wiki or other yucky sources- don’t forget that direct quotes require page numbers and that even the idea requires a source) and then clearly explain how your idea aligns
- Then, outline how you would actually implement it. E.g.:
- What exactly is the product – is it core or augmented, would it be part of the existing product line or width? (Ensure it makes sense for your product)
- Who would do it (e.g., is there a partner and if so, what is the value add for the company and the partner) What financial and human resources are required to pull off the experience?
- How would they distribute (place) it? (e.g., how would customers buy the product and from where?)
- What would the price be? (Justification and description of pricing, pricing strategy – use your textbook and lectures)
- How would it be packaged (use tourism packaging terms NOT product packaging)
- What promotional strategy would you use? (e.g., how are you differentiating or penetrating, etc. What types of promotions would you use and how)? (don’t just say social media as few of you have probably ever followed a company’s Twitter or Instagram!)
- What is the role of P for people? What role would staff play in the establishment of this idea?
- Etc. etc.
- Conclusion. (1/2- 1 page) A short summary of your idea and the benefits. A short outline of the general process needed to execute the idea
- Submit a 1 page slide (that is visual but readable) outlining/showing your idea visually (we will use this to showcase the winning ideas to share in class). Use PowerPoint or some other tool which will help showcase it visually. Include your name on it and submit it separately.
Your assignment should be approximately 9-12 pages in length double-spaced (in addition to a bibliography and title page) with at least 8-10 credible references (industry reports, academic journal articles, books, etc.). Please ensure you follow APA standards for correct referencing. There is a template paper posted on D2L to help you.
Grading criteria: You will be graded on: • Depth of content/understanding/use of research/feasible idea 30% • Clearly defined marketing elements & explanation of execution 40% • Organization and structure 10% • Presentation (spelling, grammar, referencing, appropriate bibliography, etc.) 20%
- 1page slide (clarity and ease of understanding)
There is no penalty for handing in your assignment early and I am here for you should you have any questions. The penalty for a late assignment is 20% within the first 24 hours and then 0 after that. Please refer to your course outline for more details.