|Assignment ID Number||AFFGEHU83939HD|
|Type of Document||Essay|
|Number of Pages||10 Pages|
Impact of Nursing Informatics on Practice
In today’s technology-driven, fast-paced world, health care professionals are faced daily with increasing amounts of information, technology, and data that require a wide-range of skills. In an effort to cope with these increasing demands, information management technologies are being employed to improve access to a larger volume of information and to enhance the flow of information. These technologies have changed the way nurses receive, send, and apply information on medications, procedures, medical knowledge, patient data, and interventions.
For this Discussion, review the Learning Resources presented this week and consider your nursing career.
· Have you seen any events, actions, or other phenomena you would classify as nursing informatics?
· If you have not experienced a nursing informatics phenomenon, imagine such an experience and, then, answer the following questions:
1. Briefly describe one of these phenomena.
2. Would you say that the impact of this nursing informatics phenomenon has been mostly positive or mostly negative on practicing nurses, health consumers, or the nursing profession (select one group)? Why?
Be sure to include citations from your primary source articles in your Discussion, and provide the APA reference at the bottom of your response. Support your ideas or those of others with references from the professional nursing literature.
· Course Text: Hebda, T., & Czar, P. (2013). Handbook of informatics for nurses and healthcare professionals (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
o Chapter 1, “Informatics in the Healthcare Professions”
This chapter provides background and introductory information on informatics in nursing. It also discusses informatics competencies and factors that impact patient safety.
· Course Text: American Nurses Association. (2015). Nursing informatics: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Silver Spring, MD: Author.
o “Introduction” and ” Metastructures, Concepts, and Tools of Nursing Informatics” (pp. 118)
Nursing informatics is introduced and the key foundational components are discussed in these two sections of this book. The phenomenon of nurses as knowledge managers is also examined.
The 2 text books we use is highlighted and I also attached articles for references too. Thank you
|Criteria||0 – 1 Points||2 – 3 Point||4 – 5 Points||Total|
|Professional communication||Unprofessional communication; many errors; no APA||Minor grammar, spelling, and APA errors||Postings are professional and in standard written English with APA|
|Complete addressing of assessment criteria||Criteria not fully addressed||Minimal response to criteria; minor aspects missing||All criteria are fully addressed|
|Evidence of critical thinking or extending information||Critical thinking or extending information not evident||Obvious responses to questions; little thought evident||Posts demonstrate critical thinking with evidence base from research or experience|
|Course connections.||No connections provided||Minimal connections provided to readings/activities||Clear connections to readings/activities|
|Submitted an overview / summary of the case selected for analysis. Also identified those procedural steps to be analyzed.||Did not provide an adequate overview or summary of the selected case or failed to identify those steps to be analyzed.||Provides an adequate overview or summary of the selected case and steps to be analyzed though may not be clear or complete.||Case overview is clearly presented including all appropriate investigative steps to be analyzed.|