historical incidents of smallpox assignment
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
You are a research analyst for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The department has received credible intelligence from the NSA, FBI, and Department of Defense that Al Qaeda is planning a biological attack using smallpox against Los Angeles, CA. Although the dispersal method is unknown, it is believed the most likely method will be airborne, through a populated shopping mall’s ventilation system. The lax security at these locations, coupled with a wide social and economic population sampling, will make identifying victims and stopping the spread of the disease difficult. The intelligence indicates that the attack is scheduled to occur within 7–10 days.
Your department has been tasked with reviewing historical incidents of smallpox, including academic assessments of its use as a biological agent for terrorism. Use the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s smallpox Web site as a guide to available resources and current planning (CDC Smallpox Information). With these tools, develop a communication plan that addresses the following:
- Address the following in 4–5 pages:
- Provide an overview of the threat (disease characteristics).
- How can mass hysteria be prevented within the population?
- What should the federal government share with the state, and can this information be controlled?
- What should the federal government share with the city, and how can this information be controlled?
- What should the federal government share with the nation?
- When should information be disseminated to each recipient (state, city, and nation)?
- What should be the characteristics of this information’s release to the public (consider medium, frequency, and timeliness)?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.