forecast methods and schedule operations
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submissionwill NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover pagewill NOT be accepted.
- Understand the concept of process selection, forecasting, capacity planning, production forecast methods and schedule operations.
- Exercise critical thinking to analyze and synthesize information for scheduling operations and ERP.
- Develop numerical skills needed to analyze complex data of process design, quality management, capacity & scheduling planning to navigate in challenging situations.
- Create the capacity to write coherent project about actual operation management case studies.
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 5)
Sequence the jobs shown below by using a Gantt chart. Assume that the move time between machines is one hour . Sequence the jobs in priority order 1, 2, 3, 4.
Job Work Center/Machine Hours Due Date (days) 1 A/3, B/2, C/2 3 2 C/2, A/4 2 3 B/6, A/1, C/3 4 4 C/4, A/1, B/2 3
- a) Using finite capacity scheduling, draw a Gantt chart for the schedule (Marks 0.5)
- b) What is the makespan? (Marks 0.5)
- c) How much machine idle time is there? (Marks 0.5)
- d) How much idle time (waiting time) is there for each job? (Marks 0.5)
- e) When is each job delivered? (Marks 0.5)
- f) Which department is the bottleneck? (Marks 0.5)
- g) Calculate the machine utilization? (Marks 0.5)
A public accounting firm requires the following activities
for an audit:
Activity Immediate Predecessor Activity time A – 3 B A 2 C – 5 D B, C 2 E A 4 F B, C 6 G E, D 5
- a) Draw a network for this project? (Marks 0.5)
- b) Make a forward pass and a backward pass to determine ES, LS, EF, and LF? (Marks 0.5)
- c) What are the critical path? (Marks 0.5)