effects of the Industrial Revolution
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
CCSS Standard: _____________ OR STATE Standard: Social Studies____
Standard (include identifying numbers):
7C.11: Identify the causes, challenges, and the effects of the Industrial Revolution, as well as Eli Whitney’s Cotton Gin, Edmund Cartwright’s power loom, as well as James Watt’s steam engine, and the inventors and innovations that helped contribute to the Industrial Revolution and how it impacted the economy, culture, and the way products were transported.
Prerequisite Skills 1. Describe events from Industrial Revolution in the United States.
2. Recognize events leading up to the Industrial Revolution.
3. Recognize the difficulties that folks endured.
4. Recognize the impact of the Industrial Revolution on the economy, society, and culture.
5. During the Industrial Revolution, identify innovators and their innovations.
6. Identify several modes of transportation used throughout the Industrial Revolution, such as canals, roads, and railways.
Key Terms (vocabulary) Definition
Era noted around 1760 England when the structure of the economy changed economically and socially. Eventually the impact spread to other nations, marked primarily by the replacement of handheld tools with power-driven machines became more powerful.
Cars, trucks, planes and other modes of travel used to move products and people from one location to another, and the many mechanisms by which such mobility is done, like the steam engine and loom.
A person who develops or finds a new technique, form, device, or other beneficial means, which is referred to as an innovation.
The prudent management of money, resources, and manufacturing equipment.
Apparatus used in the industrialization of weaving during the Industrial Revolution, invented by Edmund Cartwright.
Period of time when factories replaced manufacturing goods in houses and small businesses.
A vehicle capable of transporting people or commodities from one location to another.
Someone who has made something
The flow of money in a state, city, or country.
A machine that wove cloth.
Key Verbs (skills) Definition
To make known
Giving money or items to help a cause
To show or tell something will occur..
“I Can” statements in student-friendly language • I can describe the beginning of the Industrial Revolution began and how it spread to the USA.
• I know how the Industrial Revolution affected our economy, culture, and society.
• I can describe the influence of the Industrial Revolution on innovators and their innovations.
• I’m able to track the evolution of the production system.
• How did the Industrial Revolution get started? What sparked it off?
• How long has it been going on in the United States?
• How long did it go on for?
• What mode of conveyance was employed to move the goods?
• What was the state of the economy at the time of the Industrial Revolution? Cultural?
• What is a key piece of information regarding the Industrial Revolution?
• What factors influenced the growth of towns and cities during and after the Industrial Revolution?