Defining and analyzing Digital Divide
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
In your 2-3 page paper,
- Define Digital Divide and analyze three factors which contribute to it.
- Explain at least two short-term and long-term consequences for students who have little/no access to technology.
- Describe the role teachers play in narrowing the digital divide among students.
- Examine strategies teachers can use to minimize the digital divide both inside and outside of the classroom.
While technology has its benefits, not all students have the same kind of access to current hardware and software. This difference in the “haves” vs. the “have-nots” is what we call the digital divide, which emphasizes that, while all students have equal access to attend schools, their education is not equitable.
Introductory Paragraph: Begin with an attention getter—a powerful statement, an intriguing question, or a general overview of the challenges faced those plagued by the digital divide. Develop your ideas and end your introductory paragraph with a thesis using the Thesis Generator (Links to an external site.) found in the Ashford Writing Center. Convey how we can minimize or narrow the digital divide. This thesis should then be supported in the body of your paper.
Body Paragraphs: (Refer to the Body Paragraphs (Links to an external site.) resource found in the Ashford Writing Center.)
- Definition of Digital Divide: Explain the term digital divide in your own words and at least three specific factors that contribute to it. Refer to Chapter 7.4 of your text to support your views.
- Consequences of Digital Divide: Explain at least two negative consequences for students in the classroom who suffer as a result of the digital divide. Consider both short and long term effects for those students who do not have any or consistent access to technology.
- Teacher Role: Describe the role teachers play in narrowing the digital divide among students. Provide two or three examples of how the teacher can minimize the extent of the digital divide both in and outside the classroom.
- Conclusion Paragraph: Return to your most important points from your paper and how they have combined to form your belief about narrowing the digital divide. Emphasize your thesis statement again and bring your paper to a powerful close by leaving the reader with more to ponder or consider. Do not simply restate the introductory paragraph here; the conclusion should reframe your thoughts in a different way.