BUSN 732 Writing Assignment 2
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
BUSN 732 Writing Assignment 2
BUSN 732 Writing Assignment 2 (Weight 20%)
Fall 2021 Due Date: Week 12 of scheduled class time
Is the 4-day workweek a good idea? In this assignment you will discuss this topic within a Canadian context. This assignment gives you an opportunity to read and critically assess divergent points of view and to present your findings in a short report.
Several articles on the 4-day workweek are provided for your below.
- Skim the articles so that you can obtain an overview of the pros and cons of implementing a 4-day workweek.
- Determine how many articles are pro a 4-day work week, how many are anti a 4-day workweek, and how many are undecided about a 4-day workweek.
- Select at least 8 articles from the list on which you will base your report. Ensure that your selection includes all three perspectives and that the articles you selected are current. If you need to, continue to find more relevant sources.
- Use the information gleaned from the articles to write a report on the 4-day workweek. In your report, establish a clear position on the topic; provide critical analysis, and include thoughtful recommendations.
Prepare a 5 to 7-page report that includes the following sections.
Title Page: Use APA Style and include your name, course code & section, and the date. Title your report with an informative title. Do not use Writing Assignment 2.
Part 1: Introduction
Create a context for your report by
- explaining the purpose and scope of your report,
- previewing your discussion, and
- referring to your research.
Part 2: Discussion Details
Evaluate the arguments for or against a 4-day workweek implementation
Consider these elements:
- the evidence and rationale
- any gaps or unanswered questions
- how the organization and format of individual articles may enhance or detract from readability
Part 3: Conclusions and Recommendations
Conclude your report by
- briefly summarizing your discussion details,
- recommending which policies should be implemented,
- recommending areas for further research.
References List: Use APA Style
- Upload an electronic copy to the Assessment Tab on eCentennial before the deadline; the file will automatically be scanned by Turnitin. A 10%-per-day late penalty will apply.
- Use APA 7th Edition for this assignment.
Possible articles for you to include:
Four-day work week articles
- What would it take to get to a four-day work week?: A four-day work week sounds ideal, but could it actually happen in Canada?
Rodriguez, Edward. The Globe and Mail (Online), Toronto: The Globe and Mail. Nov 26, 2019.
- Now is the time to embrace a four-day workweek: The five-day, 40-hor model goes back to the 1920s, when it replaced a standard six-day routine
Badelt, Brad. The Globe and Mail (Online), Toronto: The Globe and Mail. Feb 21, 2021.
- Is a four-day workweek on the horizon?: More employers are experimenting with the once-radical concept, but critics suggest a widespread switch is impractical and could contribute to greater social inequality
Lindzon, Jared. The Globe and Mail (Online), Toronto: The Globe and Mail. Sep 11, 2020.
- Think tank sees four-day week as workable; Key is increasing productivity 2% for a decade
Dawson, Tyler. National Post; Don Mills, Ont. [Don Mills, Ont]. 03 June 2020: A.5.
- David Olive: Get ready for the four-day work week, an idea whose time has come
Olive, David. The Toronto Star (Online), Toronto: Torstar Syndication Services, a Division of Toronto Star Newspapers Limited. Jul 10, 2021.
- Send This Story to Your Boss.
Nicola, Stefan., Look, Carolynn., & Neumann, Jeannette. Bloomberg Businessweek . 3/8/2021, Issue 4691, p42-43.
- Kill the 5-day Work Week
Pinsker, Joe. The Atlantic: June 17, 2021 https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2021/06/four-day-workweek/619222/
- Iceland’s 4-day workweek deemed an ‘overwhelming success’ after trial
Elliott, Josh K. Global News: May 17, 2021
- Iceland tested a 4-day workweek. Employees were productive — and happier, researchers say. Iceland tested a 4-day workweek. Employees were productive — and happier, researchers say.
Villegas, Paulina & Knowles, Hannah. The Washington Post: July 7, 2021 https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/07/06/iceland-four-day-work-week/
- Work less, recover better? How a shorter working week answers many post-pandemic problems
Rapid Transition Alliance: August 2, 2021
- Why the 4-Day Workweek Is a Terrible Idea
Effron, Marc. Talent Quarterly: February 24, 2020
Marks, Abigail. Fast Company: September 15, 2021
- Achieving the Four-Day Work Week: Essays on Improving Productivity Growth in Canada
Cumming, Douglas et al. Fraser Institute: March 4, 2021
- Ontario CEO tests four-day work week for employees, says she won’t go back
Davidson, Sean. CTV News: October 13, 2021
- Is a four-day week possible?
Morris, Sean. Socialist Appeal: September 17, 2018
2 | Page