analysis of the social justice problem
Order ID# 45178248544XXTG457 Plagiarism Level: 0-0.5% Writer Classification: PhD competent Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Delivery: Minimum 3 Hours Revision: Permitted Sources: 4-6 Course Level: Masters/University College Guarantee Status: 96-99%
Based on your analysis of the social justice problem in the assignment from Unit 2, select a currently enacted federal policy that is currently a law to analyze using the United States Congress website, Congress.gov. It must also address the problem that affects your chosen diverse cultural group (for example, based on race, religion, disabilities, gender orientation, socioeconomic status, or access to services). This will be the policy you analyze for the entire course project. Be sure to incorporate constructs that have been covered in this course into your analysis.
To complete this assignment, select a federal policy from Congress.gov that targets the form of oppression and discrimination you described in Unit 2 (for example, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Veterans Millennium Healthcare Act, Affordable Care Act (ACA), Adoption and Safe Families Act, Medicare, Medicaid, Temporary Aid to Needy Families Act, or Social Security Act). Then, complete the following:
- Describe the policy you have chosen and its connection to the social justice problem that was the focus of the previous assignment. This policy must be enacted—in other words, it must be passed legislation.
- Describe the purpose of this policy.
- Describe the programs and services that are provided through the policy.
- Connect the policy to the social justice problem you selected by giving a brief description of the problem. Is it a new problem, something that has recently arisen, or an old problem that never got resolved?
- Describe the historical issues and context that lead to the creation of the social problem and policy development.
- Include information about the voting outcomes for the policy and the legislative leaders who influenced the policy historically and in the present.
- Include the impact of these historical features have had on the policy’s implementation.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Cited resources: Minimum of five scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Use scholarly, peer-reviewed literature to support your claims.
- Length of paper: Four to six double-spaced, typed pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.